The Indian in the Cupboard

My name is Lauryn Polito and I want to tell you about the book The Indian in the Cupboard. I think Lynne Ried Banks did a great job with this book.

This book is about a little boy named Omri and for his birthday his best friend, Patrick, gives him an indian. The indian is plastic because Omari collects them. His older brother gave him an old cupboard that didn’t have a key. Omari’s mom said that she had a key that her mother gave her. Omri tried the key and it worked! That night Omri put the indian in the cupboard and in the morning he was awakened by a scratching.

I especially like this part because when the indian sees Omri, he is brave. I don’t really like it when the indian is bossy and yells though. Or when Omri and Patrick get in a big fight at school and won’t talk to each other.

This book is very good and if you are like me, curious and likes details, you should read this book. It has a lot of cliff hangers that make it hard to put down and lots of detailed description. I think that you should read the book because it is very good and you just might like it!

5 thoughts on “The Indian in the Cupboard

1. There’s a part 2, I think it’s called “The Return of the Indian” but I don’t really know 😕